Japan creates all sorts of weird stuff, and today we’re going to explore their love of the adorable daiogusokumushi, or Isopod.
Americans might find this creature strange or creepy, but to the Japanese (and weirdos all around the world), it’s cute enough to warrant its own stuffed animal. Soft, intricately detailed, and the exact size of a human baby, the plush isopod will bring comfort and luck to your family while also freaking out any salesmen or religious figures who may stop by at any time. They’re available in several sizes and colors and hopefully will replace the bear as America’s favorite stuffed companion. Just imagine the peaceful sleep you’ll get with an isopod as your pillow.
- Charles Manson is married! Congrats to the lovely couple. Jezebel posted some lessons we can all learn about love from Charlie and Star. Please note it is incorrect to call Manson a serial killer or mass murderer. Technically, he didn’t kill anyone, he just told his cult to. He also made lovely music with the Family.
- A park in Poland bans Winnie the Pooh because he’s a “half-naked hermaphrodite.”
- “Bumfights” creator wanted in Thailand for illegally trying to ship human body parts which he stole from the Bangkok Forensics Museum.
- “Naked man crashes through airport ceiling before violently attacking 84-year-old, say police” I think the craziest thing about this is that this didn’t happen in Florida!
- A Chinese hospital has devised a way to make men feel the pain of childbirth.
“Free sessions are held twice a week at Aima maternity hospital in Shandong province and about 100 men have signed up to be tortured. Most are expectant dads but there are thrill seekers too among the volunteers for ‘taster sessions.'”
- Speaking of signing up to be tortured, the McKamey Manor is still continuing their extreme haunt experience past Halloween. Russ keeps saying he is toning shit down but this last video is creepier than the ones in the last post. Two tough guys dressed as the Super Mario Bros end up throwing up and crying after 20 minutes! Also note the reference to Vegas. Russ live streams the haunts to unknown people in Vegas! You really need to watch this:
- On the 50th anniversary of the Kennedy assassination, Fidel Castro tells The Atlantic that he believes Kennedy was assassinated due to a CIA conspiracy. JFK conspiracy theorists rejoice.
- While we’re on the subject of conspiracies, that bit with Jim Carrey “joking” about the Illuminati on Jimmy Kimmel was kind of creepy.
- Anonymous fights the KKK after the KKK threaten to shoot Ferguson protesters. Anonymous doxed the official KKK site and hacked their twitter account. They also “removed the hoods” of various KKK members, revealing all their personal information via twitter. The KKK are not happy.
- Meet the human platypus!
- British doctors found a tapeworm living in a man’s brain after he kept complaining about headaches. AHHHH!
- Want to try something new for Thanksgiving? How about deep fried tarantulas? It’s not that weird in Thailand. They eat all kinds of bugs here. I can buy some deep fried bugs right now off some street cart except I’m a vegan.
- A toddler in China accidentally lodges a chopstick up his nose all the way into his brain. You can see an x-ray of this and more fucked up x-rays here.
- London man wears a chicken skin gimp suit.
- Lab grown penises are real and ready to be tested on humans. Any volunteers?
And just in case you haven’t been on the internet in the past month:
Until next time Bizarros!
It’s that magical time of year again! And yes, Halloween is still awesome. Just like this Japanese zombie lolita metal music video:
To get you lubed up for the most fucking awesome holiday ever, here is the latest Cyriak short.
This beautifully fucked up music video from the aptly named Insane Films, should get you in the spooky spirit!
Enjoy these haunting gifs were created by Kevin Weir for his project, The Flux Machine.
Until next time Bizarros. Please feel free to post your favorite horror films, songs, art, and pictures of any cool Halloween stuff you see in your neck of the woods.
This first Bizarro short is pretty much Batman with clowns. I love clowns.
A beautifully made, dark, creepy, stop-motion animation about birth and decay.
Avey Tare from Animal Collective created this music video to promote his album “Enter the Slasher House.” Little Fang, the cat vampire-looking puppet, is from the Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and there is a serious nod to The Forbidden Zone.
A short by Harmony Korine!
A Texas sheriff battles aliens who want to snatch everyone’s thumbs. A very Bizarro stop-motion animation!
If you’ve never heard of Meatball Machine, here’s the plot:
“Yōji is a young lonely factory worker who falls for an equally lonely girl co-worker, Sachiko, but is unable to tell her of his interest. After he is assaulted in a theater by a crossdresser, Yōji finds what looks like an alien insect and hides it in his room. The next night, he comes across Sachiko being sexually attacked by another fellow worker. He attempts to come to her aid but is beaten. Sachiko feels sorry for him and returns with him to his apartment. During this encounter, Sachiko is attacked by the alien object which penetrates her and turns her into a bio-mechanical monster, a NecroBorg. These parasites take over human bodies and use their flesh to create weapons which they use to fight each other. Yōji is also infected and the plot eventually leads to a showdown fight to the death between the two would-be lovers. A side plot concerns a father who is out to kill the NecroBorgs who have also infected his daughter.”
I had to cut and paste that from wikipedia because really there’s no way in hell I would have been able to explain it using my own words. There really aren’t any words. Anyway, this rock-video-like short is a prequel to the movie and will help explain the movie better…or at least I think it’s supposed to. If you like Troma-esque Japanese campy splatter randomness, you’ll love this:
Until next time Bizarros!
The good news is there will never be a shortage of Bizarro news…
- “A Tulsa man is facing a laundry list of charges for the second time this month — this time, accused of stealing a truck, escaping from a hospital and falling through a restaurant’s ceiling vent naked.”
- Red Bull heir runs over and kills a police officer with his Ferrari, skips his trial to go on “business trip.”
- UK police mistake Angelina Jolie, Daniel Craig, Tom Cruise, and Arnold look-alikes for IRL criminals.
- Gnome homes have mysteriously appeared in Kansas town. No sighting of gnomes yet but Kansas better be careful because gnomes can be fucking creepy.
- Retired lab chimpanzee wins $10,000 prize in a chimpanzee art competition. Contest was held by the Humane Society.
- Woman in New Mexico gives birth after being struck by lightning. Her baby girl is now called “little Flash Gordon.”
- European company invests $11 million to make robot cops. Sorry, robot technology is still not Terminator/RoboCop/Battlestar level yet. I’ll let you know when it is…
- Chicken swallows a diamond ring. Thankfully her nice caretaker will wait until she dies of natural causes to get the earring back.
- Canadian man swallows severed human toe at a bar in Yukon and had to pay a $500 fine and leave town since now the bar can’t serve “Sourtoe Cocktails” anymore until they find another toe. Adventurous drinkers would drink a cocktail of whiskey with the mummified toe inside and it had to touch their lips. As for the taste, one patron said: “The whisky was the only thing I could taste but the toe was like a leathery piece of jerky — with a toenail attached to it,” There are several videos at the link.
- Hot burlesque dancer sets off fire alarm with her fiery nipples during a performance, making everyone evacuate.
- Gang of drunk deer threaten a Swedish man and keep him from entering his house. Drunk elk are a reoccurring problem in Sweden because they like to get wasted on fermented fruit which are plentiful. They also get really aggressive when drunk.
- Meanwhile in Japan…
Until next time Bizarros!
by Tracy Vanity
You know when you were a kid and were watching Terminator 2 and were like “Damn, what if that really happened?” and then you re-watched it when you were older and were like “wait a minute…” and then you watched The Matrix and shit really fucked with your head didn’t it?
Well Bizarros, the moment you’ve all been dreaming about is here! Robots are going to take over the world and destroy us all but the good thing is that at least the Robocalypse will look cool because robots are fucking awesome. At least they are much cleaner and efficient than zombies and they will clean our homes, fuck us, and serve us booze, before killing us all!
So here is the latest in Robocalypse technology:
Wu Yulu, a Chinese farmer, from a small village, outside Beijing, has created a series of 47 robots, out of scrap metal. They can accomplish various functions, from drinking, to walking and even pulling a rickshaw.
…The strangest thing, about Wu Yulu, is he declared he loves his metal robots, more than he loves his own kids. He refers to his rickshaw robot as his 32nd son, and even programmed it to say “Wy Yulu is my dad, I take him out on the town.” How cool is that!
More than 70 countries already use unmanned drones – aerial vehicles that are capable of gathering intelligence, or seeking and, if necessary, eliminating targets. At present, the latter decision is still made by human operators via remote control. Human decision-making, however, seems to be waning, while unmanned fighter robots act increasingly on their own. The pilotless aircraft can already be programmed to maneuver completely autonomously. The X-47B drone is still being tested, but once it is ready for action, the aircraft will be able to conduct missions largely autonomously and without human control.
The wonderful people at DARPA just posted this cute robot:
Meet “Robbie the Robot” who is playing a game of what appears to be Simon all by himself which means he can become self-aware at any moment and destroy the planet.
Scientists have created a paper-thin flexible “skin” that can detect pressure that’s a few hundred times lighter than a gentle touch. This new material could eventually make its way into artificial or robotic limbs — but for now researchers have found that it is absolutely amazing at reading a pulse.
Scientists have successfully replicated the behaviour of a colony of ants on the move with the use of miniature robots, as reported in the journal PLOS Computational Biology. The researchers, based at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (Newark, USA) and at the Research Centre on Animal Cognition (Toulouse, France), aimed to discover how individual ants, when part of a moving colony, orient themselves in the labyrinthine pathways that stretch from their nest to various food sources.
World’s smallest robot, Robobee, has wingspan of three centimetres
It looks like a large drill, but this piece of equipment in South Canberra is no construction tool.
In years to come it may make your smartphone even smarter and help your car drive itself, with scientists believing basic global positioning technology can be accurate to the centimetre by the end of the decade.
The Pentagon has released a video of a robotic arm able to handle tools well enough to nearly complete a tire change.
And while the video is new, Gill Pratt, a project manager at the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), told The New York Times it’s already outdated as the team has moved on to more dexterous hands capable of actually threading a bolt
According to its site, DARPA is the “principal agency within the Department of Defense for high-risk, high-payoff research, development and demonstration of new technologies and systems that serve the warfighter and the Nation’s defense.”
Inventions to have come out of their labs include stealth fighters, remote-controlled vehicles and GPS. Furthermore, the agency played a leading role in the development of the Internet.
Despite the obvious benefits of these innovations, however, many who see the video of the robotic arm unscrewing bolts from a tire are seeing much more than a leap forward in robotics – they are seeing a world of even fewer jobs for human hands.
And how can I make a Robocalypse post without some of the latest robot news from Japan?
Kenshiro is the next step for the researchers. Their previous effort resulted in a robot they called Kojiro – a robot that demonstrated the huge strides that have come in mimicking the human body, as well as the very long road yet to travel. In this new iteration, Kenshiro was preceded by a robot concept the team called Kenzoh. In that effort the team found that simply adding artificial muscle and bones generally tended to create weight problems. The upper body alone came to 45 kg. That caused the team to go back to the drawing board, this time with the idea of mimicking human bone and muscle at the individual body part level, i.e. a backbone, calf, or knee joint. Each part was custom designed to fall within the weight parameters of actual human limbs and other parts of the body.
If you’re looking for something more classic, there’s a Giant 1950s robot Gygan up for sale.
Don’t worry, it seems like we’re still a few years off from being robot slave bitches, but I’d keep a close eye on what DARPA are getting into if I were you…
Till next time Bizarros!