Over at Lucas Mangum’s blog, he’s posted a story about dinosaurs and ultraviolence called Extinction Peak. It goes a little something like this:
No, that’s actually Dinosaurs Attack!, but the idea is similar. Here’s Mangum himself describing the story:
“Two and a half years ago, I wrote a novel inspired by the completely bonkers Dinosaurs Attack cards from Topps. If you’re not familiar with these cards, just Google them. They’re seriously crazy and gory as fuck. Because of them, and growing up on Jurassic Park, I always wanted to write a gruesome dinosaur story.
Enter Extinction Peak, a story set in a California mountain town under attack by dinosaurs. While not based in any way on Dinosaurs Attack, you can certainly spot its influence. I’ve decided to offer the novel up for free as a serial, as a gift to you, my faithful readers.”
Check out the first chapter of Extinction Peak HERE, and stay tuned to Lucas Mangum’s blog to read more!
The good news is there will never be a shortage of Bizarro news…
- “A Tulsa man is facing a laundry list of charges for the second time this month — this time, accused of stealing a truck, escaping from a hospital and falling through a restaurant’s ceiling vent naked.”
- Red Bull heir runs over and kills a police officer with his Ferrari, skips his trial to go on “business trip.”
- UK police mistake Angelina Jolie, Daniel Craig, Tom Cruise, and Arnold look-alikes for IRL criminals.
- Gnome homes have mysteriously appeared in Kansas town. No sighting of gnomes yet but Kansas better be careful because gnomes can be fucking creepy.
- Retired lab chimpanzee wins $10,000 prize in a chimpanzee art competition. Contest was held by the Humane Society.
- Woman in New Mexico gives birth after being struck by lightning. Her baby girl is now called “little Flash Gordon.”
- European company invests $11 million to make robot cops. Sorry, robot technology is still not Terminator/RoboCop/Battlestar level yet. I’ll let you know when it is…
- Chicken swallows a diamond ring. Thankfully her nice caretaker will wait until she dies of natural causes to get the earring back.
- Canadian man swallows severed human toe at a bar in Yukon and had to pay a $500 fine and leave town since now the bar can’t serve “Sourtoe Cocktails” anymore until they find another toe. Adventurous drinkers would drink a cocktail of whiskey with the mummified toe inside and it had to touch their lips. As for the taste, one patron said: “The whisky was the only thing I could taste but the toe was like a leathery piece of jerky — with a toenail attached to it,” There are several videos at the link.
- Hot burlesque dancer sets off fire alarm with her fiery nipples during a performance, making everyone evacuate.
- Gang of drunk deer threaten a Swedish man and keep him from entering his house. Drunk elk are a reoccurring problem in Sweden because they like to get wasted on fermented fruit which are plentiful. They also get really aggressive when drunk.
- Meanwhile in Japan…
Until next time Bizarros!