THE LAST GODDAM HOLLYWOOD MOVIE CONTEST
BLOW YOURSELF UP! AND WIN AN EBOOK OF THE GODDAMDEST
APOCALYPSE NOVEL OF THE YEAR!
Ever wonder how your last seconds on Earth might play, should a nuclear warhead land smack on our heads?
If you’re like two-thirds of L.A., you’ll probably be staring into your iPhone, either watching or sending a video on Vine, or Snapchat, or YouTube. Until, suddenly… KABOOM!
Those are the moments we’re trying to capture with THE LAST GODDAM HOLLYWOOD MOVIE CONTEST. Catching you as you are, in L.A.’s final seconds. Goofing around. Sending earnest messages. Doing whatever it is you do.
And then blowing up so fast you don’t even know what hit you.
RULES OF THE GAME
1) Downtown L.A. is Ground Zero. That’s where the bomb lands, in mid-afternoon, on a nice sunny day. So wherever you shoot in the greater Los Angeles area, calculate your explosive distance and direction from there.
2) The video ends when the bomb goes off. You can cut your video off abruptly. Have people/things start to fall or fly backwards. Shake the phone. Simulate the explosion yourselves. Sound fx. CGI. Prosthetics. Catsup and gravel. Whatever you want.
Just know that it will go down really quick. And on the ones we love, we’ll be happy to add the explosion and such, as needed.
3) Videos must be shot on smartphones or similar handheld devices. (Or at least appear to be.) Send them to email@example.com for our perusal.(#LastGoddam)
4) No movies over 30 seconds long. Phone apps like Vine feature 6 second movies, which is an excellent length. (We hope to get lots of them.) 20 seconds is pushing it. 30’s the cutoff point.
5) Winners are posted on our YouTube page and BizarroCentral. And sent a free ebook of THE LAST GODDAM HOLLYWOOD MOVIE (available for Kindle, Nook, or as a pdf).
6) Have fun! Go as silly, sad, scary, sexy, scenic, psychic, psychotic, simple or cinematic as you choose. Extra bonus points for believable human (or animal) moments. Laffs and heartbreak a plus.
And here are our first three entries.
We’ll be dropping more, several times a week, for the rest of the month and as long as it’s fun.
THAT’S PRETTY MUCH IT! Can’t wait to see what you do! The more kaleidoscopic, the better. If we can nail everything from South Central to Beverly Hills, the San Gabriel to San Fernando Valleys, we’ll have the most gamut-spanning fly’s eye view of intimate apocalypse-in-motion ever captured.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hope you enjoy the crazy book!
And we await your amazingness.
ABOUT THE BOOK
SIX MONTHS AGO, AMERICA DIED.
IS IT TOO SOON TO MAKE THE MOVIE?
A massive nuclear attack has destroyed the major cities. Untold millions are dead. The survivors are starving savages.But where others see only tragedy, one man sees opportunity.
Enter Julian Harvey: an A-list producer with a hot project, a private army, and a vision for America that will give her back her soul. It’s the last Hollywood film crew, making the last Hollywood movie, in the radioactive crater formerly known as Los Angeles. Spreading hope the only way they know how…through total bullshit.
And like it or not, you’re along for the ride.
“Fasten your blast goggles for the mutant offspring of Dr. Strangelove and The Player.” – Richard Stanley, writer/director of Hardware“The end of civilization has never been so much fun. Humor, heart, and wit so sharp you don’t even know you’re bleeding until after you’ve finished. I could not and did not put it down.”
– Sarah Langan, author of Audrey’s Door“Packs a hell of a punch. Hilarious, savage and moving.” – Peter Tennant, Black Static