Vanity’s Creepypasta Halloween Countdown Day #28: Spooky Scary Skeletons
by Tracy Vanity
Fuck zombies, skeletons are fucking awesome. Did you know there’s a skeleton inside you right now?
That’s a lot of bones. Here’s more!
What can I say? I just have a soft spot for skeletons.
Ok, that’s more corpsey but you can start to see the skeleton. It’s the thought that counts.
Here are 6 cool skeleton facts:
1. A new-born baby has over 300 bones, over time some of these will fuse together. There are 206 bones in the average adult skeleton.
2. An adult skeleton accounts for around 14% of the body’s total weight. Experiments have shown that prolonged periods in weightless space will cause bones to lose weight and thickness.
3. Giraffes have seven neck bones, exactly the same number as humans.
4. Ounce for ounce, bone is stronger than steel and reinforced concrete. However doctors throughout the world treat tens of million of fractures a year.
5. One out of 20 people have an extra rib.
6. The hip bone or pelvis is six bones joined together. It is shaped like a bowl.
So as I was looking for creepy skeleton-related videos to post, I found this video of a guy putting a skeleton in a blender. Looks like a good Bizarro cooking course.
I know I’ve posted this song before but it’s so incredible that it had to be posted again and this is a Horrormas-sounding remix:
3 days until Halloween!