A famous author.
“Mykle Hansen is, quite honestly, sort of nuts, and that makes his writing wonderfully unrestrained and, strangely, so clear…Like David Sedaris meets that British comedian Eddie Izzard.” – Elizabeth Miller
“Mykle Hansen has already proven himself to be one of the great new humorists of our time, in league with Christopher Moore, Terry Prachett, Robert Rankin, and Tom Robbins, only a hell of a lot weirder.” – Carlton Mellick III
MYKLE HANSEN is a writer and performer living in Portland, Oregon. Somewhere between the laughtrack of Mark Leyner’s work and European surrealism, Hansen’s stories shock, titillate, and bombard the reader with dark shards of comedy. His inability to have a normal reaction is key to the popularity of his surreal fiction and journalism. He is the author of the acclaimed short-story collection Eyeheart Everything, several dozen ‘zines, a religous self-help column in the Portland Mercury, and over fifty thousand lines of Perl. When not writing, Mykle plays in various bands, including The Golden Greats and The Bad Mintons. He loves buildings but hates real estate.
Top Ten MYKLE MYTHS … EXPLODED!
1) MYKLE IS NOT A SHOPLIFTER! He simply re-appropriates found objects, and sometimes those objects are found in stores.
2) MYKLE DOES NOT SPEAK FRENCH! But he does speak the language of love: braille.
3) MYKLE IS NOT A RELIGION! He is the science of thicker, smoother, more natural hair.
4) MYKLE WILL NOT BITE YOU! As long as you stand at least five feet away.
5) MYKLE DOES NOT SPEAK GERMAN! But he did play an Austrian hitman in two art films.
6) MYKLE IS NOT A SEVEN HUNDRED FOOT TALL PINK IGUANA! Really, there’s nothing more to be said about this, except … these rumors really hurt!
7) MYKLE DOES NOT SUFFER FROM A.D.D.! He’s just … hey! Look at that!
8) MYKLE DOES NOT USE DRUGS! Drugs use Mykle.
9) MYKLE CANNOT HURT YOU! That’s the myth! In truth, Mykle can and will hurt you. We apologize, but it can’t be avoided. Now stick out your tongue and close your eyes.
10) MYKLE DID NOT WRITE THIS ENTIRE PAGE ABOUT HIMSELF IN A FIT OF SELF-PROMOTIONAL EGOTISM! He paid someone else to do it.
BIZARRO FICTION BOOKS BY MYKLE HANSEN
AUTHOR’S OFFICIAL WEBSITE