Twisted Tuesdays: Animated Gif Apocalypse Rorschach Test

by Tracy Vanity

I’m really glad I don’t know how to make animated gifs because I spend enough hours a day dicking around on the internet. Thankfully there are people out there who have dedicated their time to the art of animated-gif-creating so I don’t have to bother learning and can just repost their shit.

Since this is the 1st Twisted Tuesday of the year I wanted to do something other than post twisted videos. Believe me, I have like ten years worth of fucked up youtube vids to post. And there will be plenty of time for that…

For this post, I want to get reader/lurker involvement. One or more of these various moving images should inspire your fingers to fly across the keyboard in response, be it a simple “wtf IS that?” to an anecdote about your life, to a made-up story that just slapped your ass. Anything. Whatever your reaction is, post it! You can even do it anonymously if you’re shy.

So I’m going to post 13 animated gifs with an accompanying Roman numeral so that you may reference it in your response if you so choose.

Just like you, I don’t know the origin of most of the shit I come across and just add my own interpretation. That’s really what the internet is here for: fuck context, it’s all about your reaction…an internet Rorschach test if you will. Just post your immediate reaction to anything you see.

Now on to the Animated Gif Apocalypse!

I. reaction gif

II. jesus_raptor

III. circle

IV. shake

V. creepy bear infinity

VI. silent hill

VII. japan cuddle

VIII. tumblr_mfx7jfOSN81qgleipo1_500

IX. plug me in

X. scream

XI. tumblr_mft710lDvS1qgleipo1_500

XII. tumblr_mfsf4x4ek51qgleipo1_400

XIII. headless pianist

1. II. This is now my favourite gif image.

January 1, 2013 at 9:36 am

• Watching Jesus Camp scared the shit out of me but thankfully Raptor Jesus saved my soul.

January 4, 2013 at 3:47 am

• October 24, 2011 at 9:39 pmTracy, have you read any of Donna Fletcher Crow’s books? They are Historical English, and older Historical Idaho Romance. The latest sereis, The Monastery Murders are very well written and interesting! I am a fellow member of ACFW. I think she should be listed under Historical England .Thanks!Mary Reply

April 2, 2013 at 5:25 am

• One time, late in the evening, I told a tool booth opteorar that I was paying for the person behind me as well. Figured I would save the poor schmoe some time. No such luck he sat at the booth for twice as long as it would have taken just to pay. My wife told me not to do it any more, for fear of being shot at. I guess stranger things have happened.

November 7, 2013 at 9:46 am

• Hi Tracy! Kris Jones had me check out your art and thought i’d love it and she was right. I would love for you to tell our flmiay story. We love the shiloete piece. Thanks,Kari

February 14, 2013 at 6:21 am

2. I’ve seen number V. in the Nostalgia Critic’s Top 11 Nostalgic Mind-f*cks. Number XIII. looks unexpected; and number XI. either looks unusual or pretty creepy.

January 3, 2013 at 12:46 am

• “Nostalgic Mind-f*cks” sounds fun!

January 4, 2013 at 3:45 am

• Bet it was so much fun! And if you had joined him, we wdloun’t have had the pictures to look at. :)You know, I showed my husband the pictures of legoland and he’s all excited too. What do you think about little kids there? N. is only 2.5, do you think she’s too young for it or did you see activities that the little ones could do as well?

February 14, 2013 at 4:45 am